Wednesday, February 8, 2012

My love for Bikram yoga is ordinarily curtailed by 
      
       a) lack of funding
       b) lack of time

But to escape the cold Swedish winter that has finally arrived, last week I treated myself to a special 7-day deal at duCalme studio in Vasastan (one of Stockholm's nicest areas).


The studio is beautiful; every time I entered, I felt like I was coming to a spa. With fresh flowers everywhere, calming music for background noise, and tea and fresh oranges after class, duCalme became my haven for warmth and health. Their motto, Away from the hustle of the city... proved true in every way.  


I resolved myself to 7 straight days of bikram at duCalme - and I did it! Every weekday night and weekend morning, I found my way back in the same front right-hand corner of the studio, starring down my reflection in the mirror. Will today be a good day or a bad day? I never know until I've done it. But this week, I felt strong, focused, and marvelously sweaty after each class. Not to mention the heavenly lavender-scented, cold-water-soaked towel on my forehead at the finish. A side note: the showers are incredible - those were probably the best 7 showers I've had in months. Thank you duCalme!

No comments:

Post a Comment