Wednesday, May 7, 2014

And to quote the ever-entertaining Dave Barry on kale

Since we're talking about kale (see Monday's post), I thought I'd shared Dave Barry's words on the leafy green, since I've ingested so much of it lately...

   Were there any new trends in 2013? Yes, but they were not good. Kale, for example. Suddenly this year restaurants started putting kale into everything, even though it is an unappetizing form of plant life that until recently was used primarily for insulation. Even goats will not eat it. Goats, when presented with kale, are like, “No thanks, we’ll just chew on used seat cushions.”
 
At this point, I have to agree with the goats. Although hopefully a kale hiatus for the next 3 weeks will bring back some of the allure for me. 

Read more here: http://www.miamiherald.com/2013/12/27/3830019/dave-barrys-year-in-review-2013.html#storylink=cpy

2 comments:

  1. On my recent trip to the US I was surprised to see how over the top kale has become there. I knew from reading about it on our favorite food blogs but nearly every restaurant and cafe features kale as an ingredient, most times the main ingredient, in many dishes. ha! I remember many years ago when it was used as a garnish on dinner plates at a seafood restaurant where I worked in California.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh wow, how crazy that it's suddenly become such a staple! I like it... although I don't know if I like it that much. At least America is getting healthier in one respect!

      Delete