Wednesday, February 10, 2010

SnowSnowSnowSnowSnowSnowSnowSnowSnow.

I love snow. My thought is, if it's going to be cold outside, it may as well be pretty too, with the ground covered in a clean white blanket of fresh powder. 36 inches in 5 days is a bit excessive, but I still have to say I'm enjoying it. The problem comes when that freshness becomes massive mounds in the right lane of every road, and is then coated with a layer of filth from the exhaust of passing vehicles. The beauty is gone and you're left with a traffic jam, not to mention some extremely hazardous conditions.

If I could walk to work, that would be one thing - but I'm supposed to make the trek into Baltimore tomorrow and

considering this is what downtown looks like right now,


my plan to get there in the morning might not work out so well.
Unless the snow plows pick up the pace in the next 12 hours like never before.
And why would they do that when more snow just keeps coming?

But wait... it stopped you say? Just now? Is this real? Oh... no, sorry, false alarm. It's hard to tell with the 50mph gusts whirling the flakes in every direction, but snow is indeed still falling. With no end in sight. At least I'm not getting bored. Yet. All I can say is I'd rather not have to plod through a 2-hr commute tomorrow - my little Corolla has had enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment